Initial Clinical Interview (First Session): $200 (45-60 minute session)
Following Psychotherapy Sessions: $175 (45 minute session)
Package sessions for clinical hypnosis may be available for smoking, weight loss, and gambling addiction. Please call our office at (225) 926-7500 for more information.
We file insurance as a courtesy to you, the patient. However, final payment is your responsibility. If we are unable to collect from your insurance company for any reason, the charges will be billed to you; we reserve the right to bill you up to 18 months after the appointment date, due to the fact that it sometimes takes this long to receive correspondence from insurance companies. It is your responsibility to obtain all necessary information regarding benefits, preauthorizations, etc. Although we may perform these tasks as a courtesy, this is ultimately your responsibility.
If Dr. Tramontana is not in the network for your insurance/managed health care policy, you will be required to pay in full at the time services are rendered. We will submit a claim form on your behalf, and any reimbursement will be mailed directly to you. It is your responsibility to call your insurance company and find out what reimbursement you may have for “out of network mental health benefits.”
Dr. Tramontana is currently a preferred provider for the following insurance companies:
• Blue Cross Blue Shield - (excluding Magellan HMO plans)
• Louisiana Medicare
• Mississippi Medicare
• Magellan Behavioral Health - PPO Plans only
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have outpatient mental health insurance benefits?
- Is Dr. Joseph Tramontana an in-network provider?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- What is my co-payment or co-insurance amount?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Is psychological testing covered? (if applicable)
- Is preauthorization* required for therapy sessions or psychological testing?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
*Preauthorization is not a guarantee of payment.
Eligibility and Benefits
To check your insurance benefits before scheduling an appointment, please click the link below and fill in the required information.
Our office will contact you within 5 business days to discuss your insurance benefits.
Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session. Please note that our phones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you happen to reach our answering service, please leave a message if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.